Accountant - Part Time Job Description
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under general supervision of the Firm Administrator, responsible for Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Ledger and Bank Reconciliations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes all invoices through the PerfectLaw Accounts Payable module.
- Processes all payroll through the third-party payroll system
- Prepare all general ledger journal entries for month end closing process through PerfectLaw
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all RCO bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and pay all quarterly tax filings for governmental entities
- Prepare special report analysis at the direction of the firm administrator.
- Monitor Findlay Checking Account and maintain balance
- Process IOLTA Receipts and Disbursements
- Daily Cash/Credit Card processing
- Process and file all Form 1099 filings at year end
- As back-up to the Full-time accounting position, be competent to:
- Produce client invoicing
- Produce client prebills
- Process new clients and new matters
- Administer conflict check process on new matters/clients
- Interact with local banks to conduct firm business
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
College degree in accounting or comparable experience. Reliable transportation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Desktop Operating System and Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate in non-technical terms items of a technical nature to staff and others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a group or independently.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to changing technologies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
To apply, contact Angie Barchick, Firm Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org.